(1) CANSAS (CANDU Safety Association for Sustainability) was formed in the year 2000 in Korea with members from major Korean nuclear organizations working on CANDU technology which was extended to global participants from 2012. Since then, CANSAS conducts international workshops every year on the latest progress in PHWR (Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor) technology
(2) The main objectives are to create a forum for sharing of expertise among the nuclear safety experts from countries operating PHWR.
(3) Experts from the regulatory bodies and research institutes, operating industries as well as designers and suppliers from around the world are invited to attend CANSAS.
(4) The history of the CANSAS International workshop is as follows;
• 1st CANSAS 2012, 2012 11/29-30, hosted by Korea (KAERI)
• 2nd CANSAS 2013, 2013 11/28-29, hosted by Korea (KAERI)
• 3rd CANSAS 2014 / PHWR Safety 2014, 2014 6/23-26, hosted by Canada (CNSC/KAERI)
• 5th CANSAS 2016 / NUTHOS 11, 2016 10/12-14, hosted by Korea (KAERI/CNSC/AERB/IAEA)
• 7th CANSAS 2018 / ISAMC 2018, 2018 10/15-18, hosted by Canada (KAERI/CNSC/IAEA)